1. Open Microsoft Outlook by browsing to Microsoft Office or by searching for “Outlook”.
2. Click Next.
3. Click Yes, then Next.
4. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
5. Select Internet E-mail. Click Next.
6. Enter the following information:
Your Name: The first and last name the messages should come from
Email Address: The complete email address the messages should come from
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: x.x.x
Outgoing mail server: smtpauth.bucknell.edu
User Name: Your Bucknell username
7. Uncheck Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button.
8. Click the More Settings button.
9. Select the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Select Log on using.
Username: Your Bucknell username
Password: Your Bucknell password
10. Select Advanced. Make the following changes:
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS.
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
11. Click Next.
12. When Outlook launches, uncheck Always perform this check when starting Microsoft Outlook. Select No.
13. Go to the File menu. Select Options. Select Advanced.
14. Scroll down to Send and Receive. Click the Send/Receive button.
15. Click Edit.
16. Uncheck Receive mail items. Click OK.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: bmail, email, mail,merge, outlook, send,smtp, smtpauth