To setup Outlook for a mail merge, follow the steps below:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook from the Start menu.
2. Click Next.
3. Click Yes, then Next.
4. Select Manual setup or additional server types. Click Next.
5. Select POP or IMAP. Click Next.
6. Enter the following information:
Your Name: The first and last name the messages should come from
Email Address: The complete email address the messages should come from
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: x.x.x
Outgoing mail server: smtpauth.bucknell.edu
User Name: Your Bucknell username
7. Uncheck “Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked”. Click the More Settings button.
8. Select the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Select Log on using.
Username: Your Bucknell username
Password: Your Bucknell password
9. Go to the Advanced tab. Make the following changes:
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS.
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
10. Click Next.
11. On the next window, click “Finish”.
12. When Outlook launches, go to the File menu. Select Options. Select Advanced.
13. Scroll down to Send and Receive. Click the Send/Receive button.
14. Click Edit.
16. Uncheck Receive mail items. Click OK.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: bmail, email, mail,merge, outlook, send,smtp, smtpauth