If you are a faculty or staff member scheduled to receive a new Windows computer as part of the annual computer replacement process, please review the following information:
On the day of your appointment:
On the day of your appointment, the technician will arrive at your desk between 1:00 and 2:00 pm to replace your Bucknell owned computer.
- You do not need to be present for the replacement.
- The technician will pick up your old computer between 1:00 – 2:00 pm and then drop off the new computer by 9:00 am the next morning.
- Technology Support will move all your data (documents and files) to your new computer. Applications cannot be moved to your new computer.
- If you must use a computer between the time the replacement starts and 9:00 am, use a student workstation, lab computer, or check out a laptop from the Equipment Desk.
- You will need to install any unique software or devices attached to your computer. Please allow enough time to install any programs you may need after the upgrade.
Important Note for Laptops: You must logon to your new computer before you remove the laptop from campus.
Your New Windows Computer will include the following software:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Antivirus Software
- You can install additional software by going to Software Center (this must be done while your laptop is on campus).
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: appointment, new computer, replacement, software, Windows