If you are a faculty or staff member scheduled to receive a new Macintosh computer as part of the annual computer replacement process, please review the following information:
Prior to Appointment:
- Disable Find my Mac
- Sign out of iCloud
- Sign out of iTunes
- Sign out of the App Store
Note: This is a very important step. If you do not sign out of these services, the old computer may be rendered unusable.
Day of Appointment:
The technician will arrive at the time of your appointment to replace your Bucknell owned computer.
- You must be present at the beginning and end of your appointment. You do not have to stay while your files are migrating, but you must meet with the technician before you start using your computer.
- You will not be able to use the new computer until a technician tells you the computer is ready for use.
- Technology Support will move all your data (documents and files) to your new computer. Applications cannot be moved to your new computer.
- Once your new computer is assembled, do not turn off, move, or touch the computer until the technician tells you it is safe to do so.
- If you must use a computer between the time the replacement starts and the technician tells you it is complete, use a student workstation, lab computer, or check out a laptop from the Equipment Desk.
Important Note for Laptops: You must logon to your new laptop before you remove the laptop from campus.
Your New Macintosh Computer will have the following software:
- Mac OS 10.14
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- You can install Additional Software by going to Self Service (this must be done while your laptop is on campus)
- You will need to install any unique software or devices attached to your computer. Please allow enough time to install any programs you may need after the upgrade.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: appointment, Mac, new computer, replacement, software