The Bucknell Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a tool that allows users to access many of Bucknell’s network resources from a computer that is off campus. The VPN provides a more secure connection to Bucknell’s network, while providing easy access to the following services:
- File Services on Netspace
- Use specific software
- Access Restricted Websites
The VPN is designed for use with a high speed (broadband) Internet connection.
Before you begin these instructions, you must uninstall any old VPN software from your computer. The old VPN may be called Palo Alto Global Protect or Global Protect.
Personally Owned Computers or Bucknell Computers Off Site
If you want to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your personally owned Windows or Macintosh computer or a Bucknell owned computer that is off campus, logon to:
From this site you can download and install the following:
- Cisco AnyConnect for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Map Network Drives for Windows
Faculty and Staff University Owned Computers
Macintosh: Cisco AnyConnect VPN is available from Self Service. On your Mac, open Applications, open Self Service, and logon with your Bucknell credentials.
Windows: The VPN is available from N:\applications\Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
After you download and install Cisco AnyConnect, use the following configuration settings:
In the VPN: Ready to connect. box, type vpn.bucknell.edu
In the logon box, type the following information:
- Username: Your Bucknell Username
- Password: Your Bucknell Password
- Second Password: The Duo authentication option you use
Duo Multifactor Authentication
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect
- Decide which of your authentication methods you are planning to use with Cisco AnyConnect.
- Push: Click the cursor in the Second Password box. Type “push” OR “push1”. Open the Duo Security Mobile app to approve the login.
- Phone: Click the cursor in the Second Password box. Type “phone”. Your telephone will ring and request that you press a key on your keypad.
- Passcode: Click the cursor in the Second Password box. Type the passcode on your token, enter a passcode from your text messages, enter a passcode from the Duo Security app, or press the Yubikey button to enter a passcode.
- Learn more about using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN with Duo.
Second Password: push1
Second Password: phone1
Second Password: phone2
Second Password: ###### (numbers from code generator, or numbers from the Duo Mobile app – open the app, press the down arrow key next to Bucknell University, and type in the 6 characters shown)
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: any, anyconnect, cisco, connect, global, protect, vpn