All university-owned computers can use Follow-Me Printing, which allows you to print and retrieve your printout from any Follow-Me Printer on campus.
If you do not want to use Follow-Me Printing, open Applications>Self Service. You should click on the installer for Canon UFRII printers that is on the featured list – this will install the driver for all the Canons on campus.
You can find the name of the printer from a colleague or from LIT (it will be in the format of building-room number, like this: acws306-lp1. Once you have the name of the printer, these are the steps to add it.
1. Click on System Preferences>Printers & Scanners.
2. Click on the + sign to add a new printer
3. Type in the name of the printer if you know it after selecting IP from the menu across the top. Change the dropdown for the protocol to Line Printer Daemon – LPD.
4. On the bottom of that page, change the Generic PostScript Printer driver to Select Software . . .
5. Type in the model number of your printer in the search box and you should see some matching options as shown in the image below. Click OK.
6. Click Add.
If you don’t need to put in a department ID in order to print, you’re done! You should now be able to print.
If you do need an ID, continue on with these instructions in order to put in your departmental code.
8. Click on the Options tab and check the box for Department ID management.
9. Click the Utility tab and choose Open Printer Utility.
10. Click on Printer Information.
11. Click on OK.
12. You’ll now see a screen where you have to check the box to use Department ID Management and you’ll input your department ID. Click Save Settings.
You should now be able to choose your departmental printer and print to it without having to input your department ID.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Canon, code,departmental, iMac,MacBook, photocopier