If you receive email that’s sent to an alias, you can send from that alias as well. This is how you set that up:
- Sign in to your Bucknell email (Bmail).
- Click the in the upper-right and select Settings along the top of any page, and select the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the Email address field, enter the name and alternate Bucknell email address.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other Bmail address to confirm that you own it.
- Locate the message from Google. Open it and and either click the link contained in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your G Suites email settings.
If you don’t receive the confirmation email, contact the Tech Desk to confirm the domain alias or email alias has been configured. Messages you send will appear to be from the domain alias or email alias. The return-path of the message will indicate your primary mail addresses, but only recipients who look at the original message header will notice.
Once you’re set up: sending mail
To use one of your alternate sender addresses, click the From link when you compose a new message. If you’re replying to or forwarding a message, click the field where your recipients are listed, then click From. After clicking From, you’ll see a drop-down menu next to your address, where you can select the email address you’d like to send from.
If you ever need to edit the name, configuration or reply-to address, go back to your settings. Click edit next to the address on your Accounts tab. To delete an address, just click delete.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: alias, delegated, email address, send as, Bmail, Bucknell, G Suites