BUTV is available in all residence hall lounges, but it is not available in individual rooms. Students have many options for streaming live or delayed TV in their rooms, including (but not limited to):
- Many cable and satellite-TV providers — including AT&T’s U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable and Verizon Fios — serve up live TV streams as part of a subscription.
- Slingbox is a device that allows you to connect to your home cable network.
- Sling TV offers a package of stations.
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO Now are online streaming sources of content.
- Most professional sports leagues have all-access packages that you can purchase.
- CBS/Showtime, Nickelodeon, and ESPN are all working on standalone services.
- Many stations offer live news streams from their websites.
There are dozens of other options available to you here on the Bucknell campus. You can use your laptop, or purchase a device like a Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire (your device needs to use an ethernet cable – it will not work over wireless) to simplify the process.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: cable, catv, coax,subscribe