If you are an eligible employee, you can request a Yubikey or code generating token.
If you do not own a cell phone, a tablet or any sort of mobile device that will work for authenticating a Duo log-in, you will need to use a Yubikey. These devices work by generating a passcode during your log-in attempt.
Note: A Yubikey requires a USB port. It will only work on a device that has a USB port.
Note: Your Yubikey will allow you to login to CAS services such as Bmail and myBucknell. You cannot login to the VPN using a Yubikey.
- Plug the Yubikey into a USB port on the computer you are about to log in on. You will now see a green light in the center of the Yubikey.
- Login through Central Authentication Service (CAS) to myBucknell with your Bucknell username and password.
- Use the drop down menu next to Device: to select Token.
- When Duo Security prompts you on the next screen to authenticate the log-in, select “Enter a Passcode”.
- Click on the text field “Enter a passcode” and then press the green light on the Yubikey.
You have successfully logged in!
Note: If your default device is a landline, select Token from the Device: drop down menu to display Enter a Passcode.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: authentication, duo, factor, mfa, multi, security, token