It is advisable that you occasionally change your passwords. Changing your network logon password will not change the password you use to log onto your Macintosh. Changing your Macintosh logon password on a faculty or staff desktop computer will not change your network password.
Changing Your OS X Password:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences…
- In the System Preferences window, select Accounts.
- Click on your name under My Account if it is not already highlighted.
- Click on Change Password.
- In the Old Password field, type your current password.
- In the New Password field, type your new password.
- In the Verify field, type your new password exactly the same as before.
- Click Change Password.
- Quit System Preferences.
Your account’s password has been changed. Please use this new password when logging on to your Macintosh.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Equipment Desk at 570.577.7733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: apple, change password, Mac