A tool is available to automatically map all network drives at once (Open this link and click on “Map Network Drives”). This BU Network Drives tool is a Windows-only option. When prompted, select the Save As or Save to Disk option. After downloading, open the file (BU_Network_Drives_2.0.exe) and follow the instructions below to install the utility.
Note: you must be connected to the VPN first in order to use this tool. Click here to download the VPN installer for Windows.
- Click Next to begin the setup wizard.
- Click Next again if you would like to install the utility in the default location specified. Otherwise click Browse to select a new install location.
- Click Install on the next screen to begin the installation process.
- Click Finish on the last screen to complete the installation.Once the setup has successfully completed, a BU Network Drives icon will appear on the desktop.
- You may also access the same from the BU Network Drives folder in All Programs under the Start menu.To connect to network drives click on the BU Network Drives shortcut. Type in your username and password in the spaces provided and click Map Drives. If the mapping is successful, a message will appear confirming this. If you receive an error, scroll down to the end of this article to view possible cause and solutions.
- If you wish to disconnect the mapped network drives, just click on the BU Network Drives shortcut and click Disconnect Drives on the following screen.
Note: If you are unable to map network drives using the connect feature in the utility please note that you must be connected to the VPN before you run the mapping drives utility if you are off campus.
Click here for the VPN Windows Installer if you need to install the VPN.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: bu, connect,disconnect, drives,map, network, utility