Steps for all Separating Accounts
Note: Please start these instructions as soon as you are notified that your accounts will be deleted. Do NOT wait until your account expiration date to start this process.
STEP 1: Create a personal email address and notify Human Resources or Alumni Relations.
STEP 2: Do you have any personal external accounts or services that use your Bucknell account?
- If you have any personal accounts like the ones listed below, change your contact info in these services to use your personal email address.
- If you do not have any accounts that use your Bucknell email address, proceed to STEP 3.
STEP 3: Do you have a personally owned mobile device that was setup with your Bucknell account?
- If you have any of the devices listed below, reconfigure the device to use your personal email account.
- If you do not have a mobile device setup with your Bucknell email address, proceed to STEP 4.
STEP 4: Communication Strategy
- Configure your vacation response message in your Bmail account to refer to the appropriate Bucknell employee, including name, title, email address, and phone number.
- You will no longer have the ability to post on the Message Center. However, spouses/spousal equivalents and retired staff can elect to receive the daily digest of the Message Center. The daily digest will be sent to your personal email account. Retired staff should request this during their separation meeting with HR. Current employees may register their spouses/spousal equivalents by visiting https://goo.gl/ga79dT.
Additional Steps for Current Employees Prior to Separation
- You will receive a ticket from the Library & IT ticketing system that includes all the information in this article, as well as tasks to return your computer to inventory, delete your Mozy Pro backup, close all accounts, etc. This ticket will be assigned to your technology liaison. Reply to the ticket if you have questions about your separation.
- Change owner on Google Documents, secondary Calendars, etc to another employee.
- Cancel all future meetings. Set an end date for all recurring meetings.
- If you are the owner/creator of surveys in Qualtrics, reply to your separation ticket with the name of the new owner. Survey owners will be changed after your last day of employment.
- Return all books, DVDs, library materials, and equipment to the Library Services Desk or Equipment Desk
- iPads and iPhones:
- Return university owned phone to the Phone Office
- Return university owned computer equipment (laptop, desktop, tablet) to liaison
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about how the account deactivation policy will affect you, see this webpage.
Keywords: separation, termination, accounts, access, bmail, gmail, email, netspace, public, private