What computer equipment should you bring to campus?
- 15-25′ Network cable if you have a laptop with an ethernet port (residence halls are wireless but a wired connection will always be faster and more stable)
- External hard drive to back up your laptop (unless you use Google Drive or pay for a subscription to an online backup system)
- USB thumb drive for quick copying and transport of files
What computer equipment should I leave at home?
- Wireless printers (if you bring a printer, bring a printer USB cable)
- Routers or access points – these will only interfere with your ability to connect to Bucknell’s wireless network (and your neighbor’s ability to connect!)
Wired entertainment devices like Roku 2/Roku 3 or Apple TV will work on Bucknell’s network but may require contact with the Tech Desk. If you are bringing a brand new device (even a TV), we recommend that you initialize and set up the device at home before bringing it to campus.
Some wireless devices (such as an XBox, for example) may be able to connect to one of our wireless networks but note that not all devices that work in your home will work on our enterprise network.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
keywords: chrome cast