To cancel a meeting or event in Google Calendar, select the event in Google Calendar, and then click “Delete”.
Things might get a bit more complex, however, if the event is recurring and it has been set to occur forever (eg: meeting with your boss every Tuesday evening). If you know that you are going to be not attending the meeting anymore after a certain date, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Calendar event and then on “Edit Event”.
- You should now see something that looks like the screenshot below.
- Click on “Edit” next to the “Repeat” check box.
- In the next window that appears, change the option under “Ends” to “On” and then type in the day when you know you will no longer be attending the meeting/event.
- Click on “Done”.
- Click “Save” at the top of the screen.
NOTE: If you have created all your department or workgroup meetings, you must set an end date and send an update before your last day of employment. No one will be able to edit or cancel your meetings after your account has been terminated.
Keywords: meeting, event, google calendar, remove, change, terminate, zombie meetings
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.