Add your Bmail and Bucknell Calendar to your Android phone or tablet
You can add both Gmail and non-Gmail accounts to the Gmail app on your Android phone or tablet. If you don’t have the app, download it from the Play Store. This is our recommended method of checking Bmail on your Android phone or tablet.
First, be sure you’ve connected your phone to the bucknell.edu wireless.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Add another account.
- Choose the type of account you want to add. Choose Google as the type of account.
- Put in your complete Bucknell email address, including the @bucknell.edu.
- You will need to accept the notification that Bucknell manages this Google account.
- You will be re-directed to the normal Bucknell log in screen – put in your username and password and do the Duo step.
- To add a personal Gmail acccount, choose Google as the type of account, then put in your Gmail address.
You can view both your Bucknell and your personal Gmail email within the Gmail app.
Add your Bucknell calendar to Google Calendar
Download the Google Calendar app from the Play Store.
When you open the calendar, you should see your different accounts. If you don’t see them, on your phone, go to Settings>Accounts, click on your email accounts, click on Account sync, and select Calendar.
If you have a Bucknell-owned phone:
*** You must follow the security features below.
1. Download the ‘Google Apps Device Policy’. This app allows our IT administrator to enforce security policies and remotely wipe your device in case your phone is lost or stolen. Additionally, this app allows you to ring, lock, or locate your device through the My Devices page: https://google.com/apps/mydevices.
2. Add a password to your device. This will help protect your information and prevent others from using your device without your permission.
Touch Lock Screen and Security
Under Screen Lock Type, select at least a 6 character passcode. Using Biometric (Fingerprint) Lock is also acceptable.
Touch Secure Lock Settings then Lock automatically then specify the idle time (maximum 2 minutes) before the screen is locked.
If you’ve gotten a new phone, this is how you re-activate Duo Mobile.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: bmail, calendar, email,events, gmail, mobile notification