To view hidden files on a Mac, do the following:
- Open the Terminal (picture below shows where to find it).
- Type the following into the terminal, without the quotation marks: “defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES”.
- Hit the Return key on your keyboard.
- Restart Finder. (Follow the numbers on the screenshot below)
- You can now see hidden files. To undo this action, repeat Steps 1 to 4 but replace the “YES” part in Step 2 with a “NO”. (Do not include the quotation marks)
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: mac, files, hidden, hide, invisible, unseen