If you are a current student or faculty at Bucknell University, you qualify for a free copy of Office 2016 that you can install and use on your personally-owned computer. Here are the steps you should follow to get Microsoft Office on your computer:
- Open this link: https://products.office.com/en-us/student/office-in-education.
- You will be asked for an email address. Enter your Bucknell email address (eg: email@example.com).
- Click on the green “Get started” button.
- Next, you’ll be asked whether you’re a student or a faculty member. Select the appropriate option.
- Log in to your Bmail account. You will have received an email from Microsoft that looks like this:
- Ensure that it has been correctly sent to you by checking your email address listed in the email, and click on “Yes, that’s me”.
- You will then be directed to a page where you can create a Microsoft account:
Fill in the appropriate fields and Click on “Start”.
- The page will inform you that your account is being created. This will take only a few seconds.
- Next, you’ll be asked to invite other people to join. Feel free to skip this step.
- You will then be directed to the homepage in your new account. In the upper right-hand corner, you will see the following message:
- Click on the “Install Office 2016” button.
- You will be asked to download a file. This is the installer for Microsoft Office. If prompted by your browser, click on “Save file”.
- Check in your Downloads folder for the installer. Double click to run it.
That is it! You now have Office 2016 installed! The installer will take several minutes to hours depending on your internet connection.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: free, office, 365, 2016, microsoft, word, excel, powerpoint, onenote