Duo Security Self Enrollment
Add your first device – smartphone recommended
Note: You must have your smartphone in your possession and be in a location that has cell phone signal or wireless access to complete these instructions.
- Click the Self Enrollment link.
- Click Start setup.
- Click the radio button in front of the type of device you are enrolling. Mobile phone is recommended. Press Continue.
- Enter the mobile number for the smartphone.
- Verify that the phone number is correct and check the box. Press Continue.
- Choose to verify the number with a phone call or text message. Enter the verification code and press Verify.
- After the verification is complete, press Continue.
- Click Device Options to setup Duo Mobile or change the device name.
- Click Reactivate Duo Mobile.
- Select the operating system of the phone. Press Continue.
- Install Duo Mobile on your smartphone from the Apple Apps Store or the Google Play Store. Press I have Duo Mobile installed.
- On your smartphone, follow the prompts to install Duo Mobile. If asked, give Duo Mobile permission to use the camera. Click the Key+ icon to add the barcode. Point the smartphone camera at the barcode. Duo Mobile will automatically add the connection when the smartphone camera sees the barcode.
- When the green check mark displays on the barcode, press Continue.
Add your Office or Home Phone
Note: You must be able to answer your office or home phone number during this process. Do not add a phone that you cannot answer.
- To add an additional device, such as your office phone, home phone, lab phone, or tablet, click Add another device.
- Select Landline and press Continue.
- Enter your office or home telephone number. Verify the number is correct and click the checkbox. Press Continue.
- Duo Security will now call your landline. Listen to the automated voice and enter the 6-digit code in the verification box. Press Verify. Press Continue.
- If you add multiple devices, determine which one will be the default. Use the drop down menu next to Default Device to highlight your default.
Note: You will be able to use any of your devices when you login, but the default will appear at the top of the list.
Students only: If you have an urgent circumstance where you have lost access to your multi-factor authentication device, you may enter your Bucknell credentials here for a one-time use Duo emergency passcode.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: authentication, duo, duosecurity, factor, mfa, multi, security