Download the Installer
- If you haven’t done so previously, create a MathWorks Account using your Bucknell email address: www.mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do.
- Go to the License Center: www.mathworks.com/licensecenter.
- Choose Associate to License.
- Retrieve the activation key. NOTE: Do NOT paste this link into a web browser!
- Windows: Copy this link, open a Run box by pressing the windows key + r, paste this link. \\softserve.bucknell.edu\public\Matlab-Student (enter bucknell\yourusername for your username if prompted for your credentials)
- Mac: Copy this link, open the Go menu, select Connect to server, paste this link. cifs://softserve.bucknell.edu/public/Matlab-Student
View the Activation Key.txt file.
- When prompted to do so, enter the Activation Key and choose Associate License.
- Go to: www.mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release.
- Click the download button for the release you wish to download (R2017a is the version in Bucknell labs for the 2017-2018 academic year.)
- Click the platform you for which you would like to download the installer.
Install and Activate
- Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. The name of the installer file is:
- Windows: matlab_<release>_win64.exe
- Mac OS X: matlab_<release>_maci64.zip
Where <release> represents the release number.
- Start the installer:
- Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab_<release>_maci64, where <release> represents the release number. Inside this folder, double-click InstallForMacOSX to start the installer.
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the license you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- When asked to provide a user name, verify that the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.
How to renew your license
If you’re not running the current version that’s in the labs (R2017a), you may want to consider upgrading by simply uninstalling your existing version and installing R2017a as specified above.
If you want to stick with your existing version, then start Matlab and go to the Home tab. In the Resources section of the Home tab, select Help -> Licensing -> Update Current Licenses…
You’ll then have to click through a couple prompts to update your license.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: Mac, matlab, Windows