If you want to use an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot on campus, follow these instructions.
- Install the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Connect your new Echo device to a power outlet. it should display a circling orange light, indicating that it is on Configuration mode.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app, pull down the menu and select Settings.
- Tap SET UP A NEW DEVICE.
- Select the Echo device model you have. This example demonstrates the setup of an Echo Dot.
Now – register your devices on mydevices.bucknell.edu – you’ll need the MAC address. To find the MAC address on your Echo Dot, open the Alexa app. Click on My Devices. You’ll see a list of devices – click on the one you want to register. Click on the About . . . tab on the bottom of that page to find the MAC address. Once you’ve registered it, continue the process below.
- The app will request to connect directly to your Echo device WiFi. Select CONNECT TO WI-FI.
- If it can’t do it automatically, the app will ask you to connect to the Echo device directly using your smartphone’s WiFi network selection screen.
- Locate the network device whose name starts with
Amazon-, followed by three random letters/numbers.
- The operation will take you to a screen indicating a successful connection. Press CONTINUE.
- On the screen titled Select your Wi-Fi network select bucknell_iot, then CONNECT.
- You should then be presented to a Setup Complete screen. Tap CONTINUE to close the setup wizard.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: Alexa, Amazon, Echo, iot, pilot