The Moodle Forum activity is a great way to generate course-related discussions by your students. When a forum has active participation by students, with posts and replies, it’s also a great way for students to practice writing for an actual audience. If you are grading forum participation by your students, you can see all of a particular student’s posts in forum discussions in your course as follows:
- Log in to Moodle at http://moodle.bucknell.edu, and click on the link for your course in the Current Course List module on the right-hand side of the page.
- Among the various blocks on the right-hand side of the page, between the Administration and the Quickmail block, is a "People" block. Within that block, click on the "Participants" link:
- In the list of participants, in the name column, click on the name of one of your students.
- On the summary page for the student, in the "Miscellaneous" box near the center of the screen, click on the "Forum posts" link:
- Moodle will list all of the posts by that student on a single page, providing information about the forum to which the posts were contributed, the particular thread within the forum, the date and time of the post, etc. You can scroll down on the page to read all those contributions.
- When you are finished with that particular student, you can use the bread-crumb trail at the top of the page to return to the Participants list, repeating steps 3 through 5 above to view the forum posts of another student in your course:
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Moodle, student, forum, activity, post, summary, discussion, thread