This article will guide you through the steps required to start using Bucknell University Remote Labs (VMware Horizon). You can access VMware Horizon either through your browser or a client from your own desktop. The first 11 steps apply to any applications on VMware Horizon, while the remaining steps are specific to Minitab. Minitab is an example of an application you may have access to.
Please note that graphics-intensive applications that are hosted through VMware Horizon (e.g., SolidWorks, ArcGIS) will only be accessible via the desktop client.
- Go to https://bu-remotelab.bucknell.edu/, and click on “Install VMware Horizon Client”.
- You will then be taken to the following webpage. Under “VMware Horizon Client for Windows”, click on “Go to Downloads”.
- Next, click on “Download”, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Once the download has finished, run the client installer. If you are using Chrome or Firefox, click on the installer to run it. If you are using Internet Explorer, you will be prompted automatically to run the installer.
- After you have read the Privacy Agreement and License Terms, click “Agree & Install”.
- Then, click “Finish”.
- If you have any unsaved work, be sure to save it before clicking “Restart Now”. Remember that not all applications will prompt you automatically.
- After your computer has restarted and you have logged back in, go to https://www.bucknell.edu/remotelab. Follow the instructions on the page.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Tech Desk at 570.577.7777 or email@example.com.
Keywords: Minitab, VDI, virtual, desktop, infrastructure, PC, VMware, Horizon, Client